President Donald Trump expanded his offensive against immigrants, extending and expanding restrictions that will stop legal immigration to the United States until the end of the year.
The new order expands the measure and goes further by pausing the new H-1B technology worker visas, H-2B temporary worker visas, certain job exchange and education visitor visas and executive transfer visas.
Applies to people who wish to enter the U.S. As immigrants who are currently outside the United States who do not have a valid immigrant visa issued on their passport or a valid official travel document (e.g. early departure permit, boarding slip or letter of transportation) that permits entry or admission to the U.S.
It will particularly affect the beneficiaries of a family petition in the following classifications:
- Parents of U.S. Citizens (IR);
- Children of single U.S. citizens over the age of 21 (F1);
- Spouses of Legal Permanent Residents (F2A);
- Children under the age of 21 unmarried, LPR legal permanent residents (F2A);
- Children over the age of 21 unmarried, LPR legal permanent residents (F2B);
- Married children of U.S. citizens (F3);
- Brothers of U.S. Citizens (F4);
The following categories are exempt:
- Spouses of U.S. Citizens (IR);
- Children of U.S. citizens under the age of 21 and adopted prospectives seeking to enter with an IR-4 or IH-4 visa;
- U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR);
IACO is closely monitoring the situation, and will post any updates immediately on our website: https://www.iacoimmigration.org/