The general purpose of this program is to educate all the different agents of society: government entities, civil society, non-profit organizations, consular delegations and immigrants in general, about the importance of facilitating and speeding up the process of integration of the new immigrants to society. In addition, help immigrants to identify their responsibilities, obligations and rights before society so that they can participate in the creation of a safer, more stable and just society.
The specific objectives of this program are:
- Provide timely information to the general public about regulations, procedures, and changes that affect the stability of immigrants and their families. In addition, guide the community in general regarding the various topics of common interest.
- Encourage each of the members of society to take an active role in the immigrant integration process.
- Create an alliance between community leaders, government officials, local communities and non-profit organizations to come together and develop joint projects that help immigrants to fully integrate into society.
This program is developed through:
- The holding of informative seminars and conferences: with the participation of specialists in various topics such as taxes, immigration, social services, among others, these seminars and conferences are aimed at the general public and are free to enter.
- The celebration of the Immigrant Integration Day: institutionalized in October 2009, this is a day of celebration, information and action, where all the different agents of society participate to exchange ideas, points of view, experiences on the best way to facilitate the process of integration of immigrants to society in general.