This program was created to advise, assist and represent immigrants in their immigration procedures before the Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), related agencies and departments. Through this program, IACO assists US citizens and legal permanent residents, who want to bring their families, in the process of family reunification. IACO accompaniment does not end with adjustment of status, that is, when the immigrant acquires residency, but continues until the immigrant acquires US citizenship.
Through this program IACO advises:
- US citizens who want to bring their parents, siblings, spouses, and children
- US citizens who want to legalize the status of their spouses
- US citizens who want to apply for a fiancé visa
- Legal permanent residents who want to bring their spouses, children under 21 years of age, and unmarried children over 21 years of age.
- Permanent residents who need to renew their green card or green card
- Those who need to manage a reentry permit
- Who can benefit from TPS
- Who can benefit from the Cuban Adjustment Act
- Those who wish to participate in the visa lottery
- Who can benefit from VAWA (self petitions of abused spouses)
- Those who want to request a waiver for inadmissibility